SHORT SUMMARY OF SCIENTIFIC LIFE
Mr. Franc Paré Estalella (Barcelona, 1996) is degreed in Chemistry (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2019), Physics (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2019) and MSc in Electrochemistry, Science and Technology (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2020). He presented his Degrees’ Thesis in 2019 “Disposable potentiometric printed ion-selective electrodes” and “Modeling the separation by low-gradient magnetophoresis” and its Master Thesis in 2020 “Development of a H2S-pH combined sensor using inkjet printing”. He started as a PhD student at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) on November 2020 and his scientific career by joining the Unit of Analytical Chemistry at UAB in July 2017. He was also contracted through a JAE intro ICU grant during his MSc at the Institut de Microelectrònica de Barcelona – Centre Nacional de Microelectrònica to jump off the research on fabrication of inkjet-printed devices using carbon nanotubes.
Current research interests:
- Development of electrochemical/optical detection-based platforms.
- 3D-printed microfluidics systems for environmental/biotechnological monitoring.
- Integration of flow systems onto reactors for online monitoring.
- Bio-sensing of a wide range of analytes via electrocatalysis and supramolecular chemistry.
- Scientific and technical objectives in the medium / long term are the development of (bio)sensors based on inkjet printing technologies and microfluidic devices to online monitoring of bioreactors.