SHORT SUMMARY OF SCIENTIFIC LIFE
Daniel González Alé (Montornès del Vallès, Barcelona, 1989) is a Chemical Engineer (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2014) and PhD in Environmental Science and Technology (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2020) with the thesis entitled “Study on the gaseous emissions during the biological treatment of sewage sludge. Characterization of VOCs and odour emissions”, awarded with Cum Laude and which was supervised by Dr. David Gabriel Buguña (GENOCOV group, UAB), Dr. Antoni Sánchez Ferrer (GICOM group, UAB) and Dr. Joan Colón Jordà (BETA Technological Center, UVIC).
His research is focused on the knowledge and characterisation of different waste and wastewater treatment plants off-gasses, studying also the odour impact of these emissions and its relationship with the waste stabilisation.
Nowadays he is responsible for the management of the Horizon 2020 MSCA-RISE RECYCLES project, which is coordinated by Dr. David Gabriel Buguña from GENOCOV research group.
Daniel’s current research interests are:
• Understanding different waste and wastewater treatment plants.
• Solutions for gas sampling and analysis at full-scale facilities
• Characterisation of gaseous emissions from diverse waste and wastewater treatment processes.
• Odour impact assessment.
1. González, D., Guerra, N., Colón, J., Gabriel, D., Ponsá, S., Sánchez, A., 2020. Characterization of the gaseous and odour emissions from the composting of conventional sewage sludge. Atmosphere 11(2), 211. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos11020211
2. González, D., Guerra, N., Colón, J., Gabriel, D., Ponsá, S., Sánchez, A., 2019. Filling in sewage sludge biodrying gaps: Greenhouse gases, volatile organic compounds and odour emissions. Bioresource Technology 291, 121857. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2019.121857
3. González, D., Colón, J., Sánchez, A., Gabriel, D., 2019. A systematic study on the VOCs characterization and odour emissions in a full-scale sewage sludge composting plant. Journal of Hazardous Materials 373, 733-740. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.03.131
4. González, D., Colón, J., Gabriel, D., Sánchez, A., 2018. The effect of the composting time on the gaseous emissions and the compost stability in a full-scale sewage sludge composting plant. Science of the Total Environment 654, 311-323. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.11.081
5. González, D., Colón, J., Sánchez, A., Gabriel, D., 2018. Evaluation of the odorous compounds emitted in a full-scale sewage sludge composting plant and its relationship with the biological stability. Chemical Engineering Transactions 68, 175-180. DOI: 10.3303/CET1868030